Monday, July 09, 2007

El Camino Real

Guest preacher and presider, Diocese of El Camino Real...

Greetings from the Diocese of El Camino Real--from another Diocese where the small church is alive with God's mission.

I'm here for one week, presenting in three different parts of the Diocese--Paso Robles, San Jose, and Marina. The first event was Saturday, and 48 congregational leaders (lay and ordained) from the Southern Deanery were in attendance. It was a day rich with sharing--statistics and resources (my part) and stories of vitality and examples of God's presence at work in the congregation (the leaders part). Sometimes I think I am the most blessed priest to be able to do this work, to share my own perception of where God's presence seems palpable and to listen to other's stories of God's amazing hand at work. To be able to share and hear these stories between diocese and Anglican provinces is truly phenomenal.

I wonder, where does God's presence seem most intense in your congregation?

No comments: