Friday, August 03, 2007

Group for Congregations that Have Experienced a Split

Copied from the House of Bishops/House of Deputies list with permission from The Rev. Jim Liggett:

I have recently accepted a call to a parish that split a couple of years ago over the current unpleasantness. While fairly small, the congregation is well motivated and energetic. I am wondering if there is a network of such parishes--those rebuilding and developing a new identity after a divisive split. If you know of such a network, please let me know--and if you are interested in starting such a network, also let me know. I'll start officially in about a month, but would welcome any stories or ideas that might help. There is no need to re-invent the flat tire.

Father Liggett can be reached at liggett@crcom.net

No comments: